Boil cleaned fish with little salt,
remove all the bones and flake/mince with a fork – 2 cups
Boiled and mashed Potatoes-2 medium
Onion-2 medium, chopped fine
Ginger-2 tsp, chopped fine
Garlic-1 tsp, chopped fine
Green Chillies-2, chopped fine
Kashmeri Red chilly powder-1 tsp (adjust according to your taste)
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Pepper powder- 1 tsp
Garam Masala powder-1 tsp
Coriander leaves-3 tbsp, chopped fine
Mint Leaves-1 tbsp (optional)
Chopped Curry leaves – few
Salt to taste
Bread Crumbs- as required
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non stick pan, saute chopped onion, ginger, garlic, green chillies and curry leaves until golden brown.
- Add chilly powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder and saute for a minute or two.
- Add flaked fish and mix well.
- Add garam masala, chopped coriander leaves, mint leaves and mix well. Turn off the heat and keep aside for 5 to 10 minutes to cool down slightly.
- Add mashed potatoes. Mix well with hand.
- Form the mixture into desired shape.
- Beat the egg whites slightly with a fork adding 1 tbsp of water.
- Dip the cutlets in beaten egg and then roll them in breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry the cutlets in oil, until golden brown.
- Serve hot as an appetizer with tomato ketchup or as a side dish for chapathi, rice or even with bread slices.