BREAD CUTLET RECIPE
Potato – 2 medium size
Bread – 4 nos
Mixture of beans,carrot and green peas – 1 cup,finely chopped
Ginger paste – 1 teaspoon
Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
Green chillies – 1 chopped finely
Salt – To taste
Asafoetida – a pinch
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
Coriander leaves – 2 strings, finely chopped
Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
Bread crumbs – 1 cup
All purpose flour/Maida – 3 tablespoon
Oil – For frying
1) Cook potatoes in a pressure cooker. Once cooked and the pressure completely subsides, open the cooker lid and immediately drain the water. Let the potatoes to cool down.
2) Peel the skin of the potato and mash it well using a steel masher or by Hand.
3) Cook / Microwave the finely chopped vegetable mixture. Then mash them well.
4) Make sure the vegetable mixture is dry. If not squeeze the excess water using a plain cloth keeping the vegetable mixture inside.
5) Cut the four corners of the bread and crush them well.
6) Take a Frying pan and heat oil in it.
7) Add cumin seeds. Once the seeds start to splutter, add green chilies, ginger garlic paste, asafoetida, coriander leaves, mixture of vegetables and red chili powder.
8) Mix well and turn off the flame. Now add the mashed potato along with the crushed bread.
9) Mix all the ingredients in the pan. Mix it well.
10) Equally partition the mixture into uniform round shapes with approx one inch thickness (like a pie or pasty). Keep it aside.
11) Take maida in a bowl and prepare batter by adding little water. Dilute it to a medium range thickness.
12) Take breadcrumbs in a wide plate.
13) Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in tawa.
14) Once the oil is hot, dip the pasty / patty into batter and roll the pasty / patty in breadcrumbs. Make sure the patty is covered by breadcrumbs on all the sides.
15) Place it in a tawa for frying. Keep the flame in low level and ensure that it is not over burnt.
16) After few seconds flip it and allow it to cook on the other side.