This is very simple and easy to prepare and also a very common soup. I simply adore this soup for its flavor. A bowl of steaming hot homemade soup topped with cream is one of the most comforting foods for me.
- Big juicy tomatoes -4
- Onion -1 medium chopped
- Garlic – 3 cloves chopped
- Pepper powder and salt to taste
- Butter- 2 tsp
- All purpose flour/maida – 3/4 tsp
- Bread croutons – (optional)
- Heat butter in a pan,fry garlic and onions.
- Add chopped tomatoes, 1 cup of water, salt and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- After it cools, puree it in a blender.
- Strain the blended mixture in a soup strainer to remove seeds and skin.
- Melt a little butter in a pan, add maida to it and cook for a few seconds on low flame. Keep stirring. Maida is added to thicken the soup.
- Now add the blended mixture little by little to the above while constantly stirring the maida .
- Reheat the soup, check for salt. Add needed pepper powder and serve it topped with cream and fried bread croutons. Enjoy THE hot soup!!