A comforting classic, this easy potato soup uses a handful of store cupboard ingredients to great effect.
- 2 Sweet potatoes, chopped
- 4 Cups vegetable stock
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 1 Carrot
- 2 Spoon Butter
- 3-5 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Spoon Rosemary, minced
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Spoon Salt
- 2 Spoon Pepper
- Parsley, for garnish
- Water, as needed
- In a large soup pot, saute onion and garlic in butter for 3 to 5 minutes, until onions are soft.
- Add the chopped potatoes and carrot. Saute for a few more minutes.
- Add stock, bay leaf, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer.
- Cover and allow to cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are very soft.
- Remove the bay leaf and season the soup with parsley.
- Potato Soup is ready.