Mutton soup is very easy to prepare and very healthy too. It tastes best when done with mutton bone pieces (preferably the leg bones).
- Mutton or goat meat with bones – 1/4 kilo gram
- Onion – 1
- Ripe Tomatoes – 2
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoon (tbsp)
- Coriander leaves – 1 bunch
- Oil – 2 tablespoon (tbsp)
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Black pepper – 1 teaspoon (tsp)
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 teaspoon (tsp)
- Cinnamon stick – 2 small pieces
- Fennel seed powder – 1/2 teaspoon (tsp)
- Cumin seed powder – 1/2 teaspoon (tsp)
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon (tsp)
- Hot Green chilies – 2
- Salt – to taste
- Cut and clean mutton pieces into 1 inch cubes.
- Cut onions, tomatoes into fine pieces.
- Wash coriander leaves and cut them into fine pieces.
- Spit horizontally hot green chilies into 2 parts.
- In pressure cooker add the mutton, ginger garlic paste, fennel seed powder, cumin seed powder and cup of water and cooker for 3-4 whistle. Remove the pressure cooker and keep it aside.
- Once the pressure is released from the cooker. remove the lid add 1 cup of water, cut onion, tomatoes, green chili, turmeric powder and cook this for another 10-15 min and then simmer.
- In a pestle crush garlic, black pepper, fennel seed into a powder.
- Heat oil in another pan, add the cinnamon stick and the ground powder(garlic, black pepper and fennel seed) and cook for 2-3 min.
- Now add this the simmering soup, add the coriander leaves as well and Cook the soup now for 2-5 min and serve